Sunday, October 4, 2009

Memorial Lakes

October 03, 2009 | Memorial Lakes (Kananaskis, AB) 2212m | 16 km | 750m gain

This hike has been on my mind for probably close to ten years. Last year looking down on it from Mt. Sparrowhawk just threw a little more coal on the fire. Bogart tower is center with the second & third lakes visible in this shot from that scramble. Owing to poor visiblity I plan to go back one day & hopefully scramble Bogart Tower. It was still a stellar day with the fresh snow soaking us to the gills.
A lovely day for a hike!


The first lake with Bogart Tower in the background. I actually took this shot on the way back because we paused for a break & I was able to dig out my wide angle lens.
Bogart Tower from more or less the high point between the second & third lake. When I proposed this hike the plan was to scramble the tower but too slick today.
The gang looking down on the second lake. Already discussing various food items & good things to put Bailey's in. Mmmmm!

The third was basically dry so we did not descend to the memorial cairn.
An excellent day out. I rate it as a scramble due to the slippery footing. The pitch to the third lake was challenging.

No comments: