Monday, July 28, 2008

Mt. Sparrowhawk

An 'easy' scramble to a 10,000' peak. July 26, 2008.
Mt. Sparrowhawk 3121m elevation, +-12km, 1600m gain including Read's Tower.
View from Read's Tower over the Spray ValleyView from Read's Tower toward Mt. Sparrowhawk summit block.
Read's Tower with the Spray Valley in the background.
In retrospect the extra 250m should have been saved for another day, perhaps tied in with Sparrowhawk Tarns, but it was still a cool view.The scrambly bit.
Looking down from the summit at Memorial Lakes

Summit Pano
View up at Mt. Sparrowhawk summit block... a long talus slog.
Read's Tower on right, Mt. Sparrowhawk summit block on left.

I didn't linger at the top, part of our party did not summit so I didn't want to hold them up, especially since despite using low gear all the way up so as not to bonk, my right knee was telling me stories most of the way down. Nasty nasty stories.

I'll get back to more photos of Lake of the Falls etc. soon.

No comments: