Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Main back up!

Short tick list and the main is back up.  Hook up washer & dryer is a leftover from the weekend.  My office/den is still pretty much still a layer of dust and debris over the pile that was made in June when we opened the walls to deal with moisture.  That will take a little time to sift thru and clean - books / mail / clothing / gear / with some recently used items laying on top of the forgotten.  Anyway - I can pick at that - at least we'll be doing laundry again without having to mooch or laundromat.

Yard isn't quite right yet and sheds still have muddy items (plus the muddy sheds themselves) but winter is coming so some of that might be spring country.  Cleaned my truck cab though!  That should improve my mileage. 

Still no word from DRP (Disaster Recovery Program aka the government assistance) but after almost a month since being passed to a new insurance rep I was able to make contact today and get the glacier moving again.  Even promises of cutting me a partial cheque!  Will wonders never cease!

Work still busy with lots of surveying while the good weather holds.  All designs now are for Spring construction.  Wrapping up the construction will be nice - not having to come in early and deal with crabby people is what I'm most looking forward to.  

Anyway, there's your update - and the sun just poked thru the clouds that have predominated today's weather.  I'll take that as a sign.

No comments: